Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First Paragraphs of Five Essay I Would Like To Write

1. Essay Title: Escape
First Paragraph: My paternal grandfather owns a beach house off of Highway 1 on the California Coastline. I spent much of my childhood on the beautiful white and dark sand beaches that surround it. The ocean is literally twenty five feet out and one hundred feet down from the back step. My dead relatives ashes have all been spread there, and most of my family have gone on their honeymoon there. For me, it is the ultimate Escape.
2. Essay Title: On Sunshine
First Paragraph: I have always had an intense love/hate relationship with sunshine. I grew up in California, a short distance from the beach, surrounded by blond-haired, tan-skinned beauties. I love spending time in the sun, but with my red hair and fair skin, I have always burned very easily, and then my freckles get darker. So, I learned to stay out of the sun, and enjoy the beach at night.
3. Essay Title: On Dating a Man With Long Hair
First Paragraph: I never thought I would date a guy with hair longer than mine, but I seem to find new benefits every day. For one, he actually owns a hairbrush. In fact, he has three. Also, I can take showers at his house, because he has decent shampoo and conditioner. Also, I can steal his hair bands whenever I can't find one of my own. The best thing though, is that when we wake up in the morning, we both have crazy, curly bed hair, so he doesn't make fun of me.
4. Essay Title: My Own Personal Jesus
First Paragraph: I simply cannot understand how such genius can come from one mortal man. It boggles my mind that such an empire could come from the imagination of one human being. I am speaking of course, about the master, George Lucas.
5. Essay Title: Black
First Paragraph: Why do we accept that black is not a color, in fact it is the absence of color, when it invokes such strong and varied emotions? Black has always been my favorite color, and has definitely always best expressed my personality and moods. Black has depth, endless coldness, and immense passion. It is not the absence of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment